Website and IT Report 2015
The website, has seen a reduction in unique visitors per month to around 2000 from April onwards compared with 4000 last year. The engagement has declined with 7 comments from the community compared to 13 comments in 2014. Visitors with mobile phones and tablets are around fourteen percent. The five most viewed pages averaged over the whole year are the home page followed by the Exploring faith category, the old website home page, life interrupted and wedding information.
The hall computers continue have been updated during the year and continue to be appreciated by children after morning worship as well as Bari School scholars. As at 25 January 2016 the spare computers take up about 1.8 cubic meters of space in the Southern tank room, up from 1.7 at the same time last year.
Other activities completed in 2015 include:
- Further development of a Facebook page for BPUC (facebook.com/bpuc.org); currently 118 likes (116 last year). The two Facebook sites (church organisation and 193 Brougham Place) were merged with good effect
- Support for Rev. John Minchin during his placement
- Replacement of some scanned images with drawings on the website
- Production of business cards more closely aligned with UCA standards for John Minchin
Plans for 2016 (mostly rolled over from 2015) include:
- Conversion of web sites to use https (secure connection)
- Refinement of electronic order of service to use MarkDown as its base
- Implementing control of the video projector from the rear of the church, making the use of video projection easier and less intrusive in worship.
- Updating Windows computers operating system to Windows 10 for long term support
- Logging of computer usage with a view to reducing numbers
- Tracking paper order of service demands to better match production with usage.
- Better reporting of photocopier usage for billing
- Better network documentation and computer labelling (larger print!)
- Ongoing reduction in the amount of unused equipment stored
- Progress towards automated rather than manual backup of all computers
- Exploration of other social media platforms