Website Development Team
Here are some of the things we need to discuss:
- Who are our target audiences?
- What are we trying to communicate to them?
- What information is really necessary on the website?
- Design issues: what does the design of the website communicate about us as a community?
- How do we balance aesthetics with ease-of-use?
In preparation for our meeting, please look up some church websites (of churches with similar demographics and also the "way-out-there"). It will be helpful for us to think through some of these items by comparing what other churches do.
Here are just a few examples I like:
All of these are different and I don't think we should emulate any one of them in particular - just some ideas
Use Cases: Media:BPUC_Website-UseCase.pdf
- Went through Wedding, Baptism, Welcome and History (including stained glass) brochures
- A subset of website content will appear on brochures
- Assignment of text
- Children, Worship (including special Sundays) - Neryl
- Weddings & Baptism - John
- Subtle Bricks - Karan
- 100 words with logo & link - Bari School - Alex
- 100 words with logo & link - Kadi - Alex
- 100 words with logo & link - History - Alex
- Reordered some items - e.g. Bricks, Kadi etc under community
- Mediawiki skin - Alex
- Mosaic - Derek
- Next meeting Monday 22nd March - 6pm at the church
- Alex still to complete Mediawiki Skin
- Three text items outstanding
- Derek presented mosaics