Office Administrator Job Description
- To provide administration services to the Brougham Place UC.
- To act as an interface between the church, congregation and community.
- To provide administrative support to the Minister.
Type of employment
Casual : Part time 15 hours
- Church Council through Minister
- Financial matters to Treasurer.
Internal; Staff, BP Congregation, SAUC office. External: General public, Suppliers.
- Patience, tolerance and a positive approach.
- Excellent telephone and face to face communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-organisation, initiative and flexibility.
- The ability to work without supervision.
- Computer literacy is essential, including MS Word, Publisher, Excel, Power Pt & MYOB
- Good keyboard skills and typing speed.
- Good written expression, spelling and command of the English language.
- Interact positively with the BPUC community.
- Provide assistance to the Minister eg research, typing, e-mail & pastoral care.
- Answer face to face and telephone queries promptly, courteously and with sensitivity.
- Distribute and assess incoming mail, faxes and e-mails.
- Coordinate and prepare orders of service and associated activities for Worship services.
- Assist in the organisation of wedding, baptism and funeral bookings and associated activities and records.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems
- Develop databases for a range of groupings.
- Prepare promotional brochures and flyers for circulation.
- Prepare day to day accounts for the church including input into MYOB, payroll, PAYG, workcover and BAS in conjunction with the Treasurer
- Manage kitchen and office supplies.
- Prepare own paperwork, including letters, faxes, orders for suppliers and contacts.
Applicants need to be in sympathy with the ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia